Saturday, May 7, 2011

DEDIONE IS BACK!

kee@fswmag.com
L1220357.JPG

This is the new Baby Dedione, 42 days old and bought by Princess Dr Becky Leogardo for RM 2,288 at Pets Wonderland at Mid Valley.

Dedione my darling son and French poodle is back!
L1220357.JPG
L1220357.JPG

WHAT GOD TAKES AWAY, HE GIVES BACK!

or rather,

What God Takes Away, He Allows Princess Dr Becky Leogardo to give back!
L1210853.JPG

This is the last photo of Dedione Senior before he went to heaven.
L1220357.JPG
This is Baby Dedione, the successor and reincarnate of Dedione Senior in the same settee in the same spot where the old Dedione used to sit!
L1220357.JPG
Baby Dedione snuggling amid old Dedione's cushions and my socks and hanky!
L1220357.JPG
Baby Dedione is so small, exactly the same size as Dedione Senior when I first brought him home!
L1220357.JPG
Gosh, Baby Dedione is the same size as the furry bolster! He has blended in!
L1220357.JPG
Peekaboo Dedione Doo!
L1220357.JPG
Dedione Senior looked exactly like this as a puppy!
L1220357.JPG
Three-quarters view of Baby Dedione
L1220357.JPG
Baby Dedione is the same width as The Star!


At 4.30, the same time Dedione died on 4 May 2011, Princess Dr Becky Leogardo took me to Pets Wonderland in Mid Valley to buy a poodle puppy for me!

So now although Dedione is dead, he is back again! This time as a 42 day old darling puppy that is the exact clone of him! The new Dedione was born on 24 March 2011 and he was exactly the same size as the original Dedione when I collected it from Nancie Foo's house.

Dedione was so small when I got him I remember washing him in the kitchen sink!

Now the new Dedione is the same size and I guess I can do the same.

This Dedione came with Health Guarantee, Medical Record and Health Regime. So high class as worthy of my darling Dedione.
L1220357.JPG
Baby Dedione's very FIRST meal in the palace where he will spend the rest of his life!
L1220357.JPG
Yummy mummy!
L1220357.JPG
Checking out
L1220357.JPG
The biscuits in Burberry bowl contains Dedione Senior's last meal! The Burberry bowl cost 445 euros (then RM 2,220 which was practically the same price as Baby Dedione!) and was a gift to Dedione from Princess Dr Becky Leogardo some 12 years ago!
L1220357.JPG
I still can't recover the Burberry bowl costs the same as Baby Dedione!
L1220357.JPG
He is putting on weight!
L1220357.JPG
Licking his tongue in a sign of satisfaction!
L1220357.JPG
After demolishing his bowl, Baby Dedione goes for Dedione Senior's food!
L1220357.JPG
Baby Dedione's neck is too small so I have to tie him with Dedione Senior's collar using his body!


I was given a manual instruction on Feeding Regime which seems simple enough. For eg it lists the food I must not give the puppy like chocolate, milk, alcohol etc but what floored me upon reading it at home was the food called 'Xylitol'! I know what is onion, garlic, moldy food, nutmeg, avocado and mushroom but what is Xylitol?

Isn't there an equivalent in plain, boring English that non-doctors or non-vets can understand? I had to check the Internet to discover Xylitol is a sugar alcohol sweetener found found in the fibres of many fruits and vegetables. In other words, I still DON'T quite get it!

Oh well, as usual I played safe and bought a bag of Royal Canin puppy food to be mixed with filtered water!

Even this has bamboozled me! According to my instruction list from Pacific Vet Group Sdn Bhd, I am supposed to give 'Filtered or boiled drinking water at ad libitum'!

Alamak, I never studied Latin in university! I can also say on behalf of 99% of university graduates who never studied Latin either so how are we supposed to know what is 'ad libitum'. I know what is 'ad lib' which means to improvise or speak off the cuff without notes or rehearsal so maybe 'ad libitum' means 'whenever is necessary'.

Back to the Internet again.

Good golly or maybe I should say 'Ecce' ('Behold') or 'Cocococo' ('Cock-a-doodle-do'), 'ad libitum' is the actual form of 'ad lib' which is supposed to mean 'at one's pleasure'! Why can't Pets Wonderland just say 'Give filtered or boiled water at will' or 'Put bowl of clean water for dog to drink whenever he is thirsty!"

Goodness me, or should that be 'Obscurans Obscurantis', which is another learned Latin exclamation which is infinitely more elegant than 'Shit' or 'Hell' or any of our 4-letter words.

Of course Baby Dedione is still adjusting to his new palace as he has been home only for 4 hours. I hope he will act and have the same personality as Dedione senior but regardless, I will love Baby Dedione as much as Dedione Senior!

So far so good. The omens are encouraging. Baby Dedione is now sleeping in Dedione senior's basket and private corner! He might smell Dedione senior's odour which smells divine by the way, so Baby Dedione is adjusting effortlessly to his new environment since he is the incarnate of Dedione Senior. Hmmm then again Baby Dedione was born when Dedione Senior was still alive! But let us not nit pick or try splitting hairs ok!
L1220357.JPG
Baby Dedione playing with the toys of Dedione Senior!
L1220357.JPG
The inheritor of Dedione Senior's treasures!
L1220357.JPG
The darling taking possessions of his toys
L1220357.JPG
The teddy bear's face is bigger than Baby Dedione
L1220357.JPG
See how big the teddy is?
L1220357.JPG
The eye of the teddy bear is bigger than Baby Dedione's eyes and nose!
L1220357.JPG
More so when he is getting sleepy and fed-up of the Leica camera's flash!


The fact is now Dedione has been reincarnated as far as I am concerned. My Baby Dedione is now the incarnate of my first dog called Dicky, my second dog named Nicky, my third dog named Baby Pepin and my fourth dog called Dedione of course!

Anyway I am as happy as a gay jay bird in springtime! Thank you, Princess Dr Becky Leogardo! If this Dedione lives for 13 years also, it only costs RM 176 a year only! So little for 365 days of pleasure!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

my all time favorite post!....
love d poodle....meow!....

Unknown said...

hope to meet ur little baby dedione someday :)