Sunday, August 21, 2011

CHANTELLE CHUAH, MISS MALAYSIA INTERNATIONAL, CELEBRATED HER 27th BIRTHDAY AT PURPLE REIGN PRIVATE HOME DISCO ON 19 AUGUST

kee@fswmag.com
L1280715.JPG
Giving a good blow!
L1280715.JPG
Kee Hua Chee and Chantelle Chuah looking royally purple
L1280715.JPG
Yummmmmmmmmmy
L1280715.JPG
She was trying to nibble and chew part of her birthday cake



CHANTELLE CHUAH TURNED 27 ON 19 AUGUST 2011 AND CELEBRATED HER BIRTHDAY AT PURPLE REIGN, THE NEW DISCO IN THE NEW MANSION OF HER GODPAPA TAN SRI LIM EWE JIN. THERE WERE CHOCOLATES AND CARLSBERG GALORE AS CHANTELLE OWNS AND RUNS HER CHOCOLATE BUSINESS SO CHECK OUT HER WEBSITE WWW.JESSIECHANTELLECHOCS.COM AND SHE CHOSE CARLSBERG FOR OBVIOUS REASONS.
L1280715.JPG
The lovely birthday cake---looked like someone had nibbled part of it!
L1280701_edited.JPG
Chantelle getting ready...
L1280701_edited.JPG
Cracking up as Tan Sri Lim told a joke about giving a good blow job to the candle
L1280701_edited.JPG
Examining which part to cut
L1280701_edited.JPG
Mind the hair


L1280715.JPG
Chantelle held her tresses safely so they would not get burned in the excitement
L1280715.JPG
The birthday girl is ready now
L1280715.JPG
Chantelle looked sweet sixteen but is sultry twenty seven
L1280715.JPG
Altogether now; Shereen Chuah (Chantelle's mother), Chantelle Chuah Miss Malaysia International 2011, Datuk Merlyn Kasimir and Datin Assunta
L1280715.JPG
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
L1280715.JPG
Every reason to celebrate!
L1280715.JPG
Cool cake or what

L1280715.JPG
The dress code was purple so Kee Hua Chee and Chantelle Chuah wore purple!
L1280715.JPG
With sister Mavis
L1280715.JPG
I thought Mavis was 18 but she is 22


CHANTELLE CHUAH IS NOW WORKING FOR LEJADI FOUNDATION WHICH IS THE CHARITY FOUNDATION TAN SRI LIM AND HIS LEJADI GROUP OF COMPANIES. LAUNCHED IN JUNE THIS YEAR, LEJADI FOUNDATION HAS RM 1.02 MILLION IN FUNDS TO HELP POOR PEOPLE MEET THEIR MEDICAL COSTS. THE MILLION RINGGIT WAS DONATED BY TAN SRI LIM AFTER 7 YEARS OF ORGANISING 10 CHARITY SHOWS.

HE WAS JUST AS GENEROUS WITH HIS AND CHANTELLE'S GUESTS. AROUND A HUNDRED CAME TO FEAST ON LOCAL DELIGHTS WITH FREE FLOW WINE AND CARLSBERG BEER WHICH IS TOUTED AS THE BEST BEER IN THE OBSERVABLE UNIVERSE AND I SHOULD KNOW AS I HAVE TASTED BEERS ALL OVER THE WORLD SINCE I AM A JETSETTER EXTRAORDINAIRE.
L1280715.JPG
Dancing the night away
L1280715.JPG
Presumably all can guess who is Chantelle
L1280715.JPG
Having a good time on the dancefloor
L1280715.JPG
An angpow for Chantelle from me...
L1280715.JPG
Just in case you missed, Chantelle points to where I put my angpow!
L1280641_edited.JPG
Raj came to have a closer look

L1280715.JPG
The Purple King below the neon guitar!
L1280715.JPG

Tan Sri Lim designed the disco himself and even the bar is shaped like a guitar!
L1280715.JPG
Purple dancers
L1280715.JPG
Annie Chang of Ace, Tan Sri Lim Ewe Jin and Datuk Garry Chua

L1280715.JPG
Times get better with Carlsberg
L1280715.JPG
They proved me right
L1280715.JPG
Mr and Mrs Soren Ravn
L1280715.JPG
Scintillating lights added to the clubby feel


L1280715.JPG
This stage featuring The Strollers 2 looked like a concert stage but is located in Purple Reign private disco
L1280715.JPG
The Strollers 2 in action
L1280715.JPG
Tan Sri Ismail Marican belting out 'Always On My Mind'
L1280715.JPG
The background so dramatic!
L1280715.JPG
Now we know what Tan Sri Marican can do after retirement!
L1280715.JPG
Singing for his supper is a cinch
L1280715.JPG
Katherine and Siva Loganathan
L1280715.JPG
I went with Mr Southeast Asia 2011 Adrian Winson as he had a car and I no car
L1280715.JPG
They looked delicious!
L1280715.JPG
This pair looked good enough to eat!
L1280715.JPG
This couple Michelle Lee and Julian Chin also OK
L1280715.JPG
Passing her own chocolates to guests Datuk Garry Chua and Tan Sri Richard Cham
L1280715.JPG
Datuk Garry Chua, Tan Sri Richard Cham and Chocolate Princess














By chance or design I am not sure but Carlsberg really tastes fantastic with local Malaysian food, from nasi lemak to char kway teow and mee mamak! I also like Coca Cola with local delicacies but not Pepsi as it tastes rather weeny-beeny. I don't know what weeny-beeny means actually but I heard Spongebob saying it and I like the sound of it and it is not an offensive word. After several helpings and having over eaten as usual, I asked Tan Sri for a guided tour for me and Adrian Winson, Mr Southeast Asia 2011 and a few other guests also followed us.

Apparently Tan Sri Lim is still living in his current mansion which also comes with a disco which is even bigger. This new pad is Party Central and he will be holding parties here rather than his old house. The new house is 13,000 sq ft which is even bigger than my condo but his current home is even bigger at 17,000 sq ft!

The new disco is called Purple Reign as purple is a royal colour and since Tan Sri Lim could not be a Chinese Tengku he decided to adopt this ancient Roman imperial colour as his own. He loves Prince, the singer not the son of a king, and so decided to name his new disco in honour of Prince's huge hit 'Purple Rain'. But in a play of semantics, he has tweaked the name and turned it into Purple Reign! And long may Tan Sri Lim Ewe Jin reign in Purple Reign!
L1280715.JPG
The Host with the Most!

Said Tan Sri Lim at the launch of Purple Reign of which Chantelle's birthday party is the first to break Purple Reign's virginity. "I have been working too hard and now I have decided to take life easy. First I had cholesterol problems and after that went away, I discovered I had high blood pressure so now I have decided it is going to be high blood PLEASURE!

"I plan to organise a disco party every Saturday and will be enjoying life here in Purple Reign until the day I die. Even if I die on the dancefloor at least I will go happy!"

My sentiments exactly! I also hope when I enter Nirvana (or maybe not as I want to be reborn as Emperor of King as Buddha and Jesus have promised me) I wanna go with a big, fat smirk on my face!

And so the party started, with free flow of nice wine from France and great beer from Denmark and I suppose all my readers know who this Danish brewmaster is? You don't? Plebeian! He is J.C Jacobsen! Founder of Carlsberg.

While most home discos owners are happy to get a deejay to spin the music, Tan Sri Lim Ewe Jin went a step further by hiring a live band! Not just any half-baked, fly by night band that some musicos stitched together at the last minute but The Strollers 2! The Strollers was Malaysia's biggest band ever and till now there are no local bands that can replace them, the same way no movie director can hold a candle to P.Ramlee who was given a Tan Sri title posthumously.

Tan Sri Lim sang 'There Is a Kind of Hush' and invited his school mate Tan Sri Ismail Marican to sing which he sportingly did with 'Always On My Mind'. Mind you, Tan Sri Ismail Marican is the Director-General of the Ministry of Health so he is a very powerful man. How come ALL my classmates except one have faded into oblivion? The only famous one is Datuk Fatmi Salleh who is the PA to the Prime Minister. The rest of my classmates have disappeared into some vacuum as I never heard of them since we parted ways. I went to University of Malaya and even so, none from my campus days are rich, famous or politically powerful! I must be the only high-flying one from that batch!

Datuk Jaafar Indot sang 'I Did It My Way' and after that The Strollers 2 took over as we took over the floor. As Tan Sri Lim said, "I went to great length to organise this party tonight so please make me happy---don't go home till 1am!" as if on cue and God in High Heaven heard his petition, it rained heavily from midnight till 1 am!

Since Chantelle Chuah has a business selling the most delicious local chocolates called Jessie Chantelle, it was a matter of time before she started distributing her sweets. Holding a big rattan basket fillled with chocolates, she went to every guest and asked if he or she preferred white or dark chocolate. I of course said I liked both and got two bars instead of one.

Just before midnight was the event we were waiting---Chantelle's cake cutting! The cake was shaped like a heart with a message from Tan Sri Lim wishing the chocolate princess all success.
By chance it was also Chantelle's mother 's birthday so she joined the cake cutting.

Again by chance there was a couple who was celebrating their wedding anniversary too---Dato Merlyn Kasimir and wife Datin Assunta so they joined in too! My birthday is 7 January but they said it is too far away and I couldn't join!

Tan Sri Lim's new mansion is 4 storeys and has just 5 bedrooms, with the masterbedroom bigger than most apartments. It is still not ready as the furnishings are not up yet but of course priorities must be met and the most important part of his new house must be completed first---his own disco in the basement! Now that is what getting your priorities right!

By the way, you need to be invited to attend his weekly disco...how I dunno!

THE END

No comments: