Thursday, September 22, 2011

PERTH FASHION FESTIVAL 2001; 20 SEPT 2011

KEE@FSWMAG.COM

A BLOW BY BLOW ACCOUNT OF MY FABULOUS TIME AT PERTH FASHION FESTIVAL, BEGINNING WITH DAY 1.
L1290728.JPG
You can have your frock and eat it too! The cutesy, sweet for the sweet dish in m Parmelia Hilton room
L1290728.JPG
I love this lovely bouquet courtesy if Lissibeeflowers!
L1290728.JPG
The scintillating night view of Perth's Central Business District from the Riverside where I took a stroll
L1290728.JPG
The Carillon amid the pal,m leaves
L1290728.JPG
The Carillon sandwiched between 2 palm leaves
L1290728.JPG
Took this on my way home to Parmelia Hilton Perth


PERTH FASHION FESTIVAL 2011 PART 1

20 SEPTEMBER 2011; TUESDAY IN PERTH, WESTERN AUSTRALIA AS THERE IS ALSO ANOTHER CITY CALLED PERTH, OLDER THAN THIS AUSSIE ONE, IN SCOTLAND!

DUE TO MY FABULOUS BLOG I HAVE BEEN INVITED TO PERTH FASHION FESTIVAL (PFF) 2011 SO HERE I AM NOW IN SUNNY BUT COOL AND SLIGHTLY WINDY PERTH! THE WEATHER IS SO NICE!

I ARRIVED ON MALAYSIA AIRLINES, THE BEST AIRLINES IN THE WORLD AND I AM NOT SAYING THIS JUST BECAUSE I AM A MALAYSIAN. MALAYSIA AIRLINES HAS WON BEST AIRLINES OF THE YEAR ON A REGULAR BASIS AS PROOF SO THAT MAKES ME PROUD AS I USED TO WRITE FOR THEIR INFLIGHT MAGAZINE WHEN IT WAS CALLED ‘WINGS OF GOLD’.

I was met by pretty Nicole Tomasso who is in charge of VIPs (ahem so I am one then) and she had to wait 50 minutes as that was how long it took me to clear Immigration and Customs and mind you, this time I was waved through and my suitcase was not opened.

As it took so long, Nicole had to drive us to the domestic airport to pick a L’Oreal guy named Bradley Ngata (what a strange surname) from Melbourne or Sydney but he never showed up! There seemed to be some confusion as she was holding the placard with his name same as she did for me. Oh well so we wasted an hour.

Now I am in my room at Parmelia Hilton, a deluxe hotel as this is a Hilton located in Mill Street 20 seconds from St Georges Terrace which is the main business and shopping avenue in Perth which makes it the whole of Western Australia.

I was pleasantly surprised and pleased as punch when I saw the thoughtful touches. First, there was a welcome note from Jamila Savoy of Perth Fashion Festival.

On my desk was a bottle of Bunkers wine, a wine bottle stopper from France, skincare/cosmetics from JANA Beauty and a box of 6 coasters, each featuring an extraordinary region from Western Australia. The final lovely touch was a bouquet of flowers from Lizziflowers! I always think a fresh floral display in a hotel room makes all the difference!

I over ate at Malaysia Airlines Business Lounge in KLIA. I gorged on nasi lemak and chicken noodles pus fruits, cakes and champagne and was so bloated I could not eat onboard. I slept for 4 hours and woke to eat 2 Magnum ice cream and read Vanity Fair’s list of best dressed. My name was not listed so I went back to sleep for 20 minutes before touching down in Perth.

Dinner was also out since I ate the cookies in my room. I decided to walk the calories out of my body by walking to Riverside next to the Carillon, a music tower that changes light and sound. Only Annapuri restaurant was open and there was no throbbing clubs or bund to parade so I walked back and will tuck myself in now as tomorrow is a heavy day and night as it is the Gala Opening night so I must look my usual divine self.

Out of the blue I received a bottle of Bunkers champagne from Professional Public Relations due to my extended time at the airport! Well, now THAT was a professional gesture and I am mightily impressed!

END

1 comment:

AmyC said...

Hi Kee, Hope you enjoyed the Bunkers SSB 2010 and Bunkers Sparkling. I have put photos from last night on the Bunkers Facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/BunkersWine

Was lovely having you in Perth for the Perth Fashion Festival. Hope to see you back for PFF2012!

More information about Bunkers Wines can be found here

http://bunkerswines.com.au/

Thanks so much,

Amy