Sunday, January 29, 2012

CHINESE NEW YEAR IN KOTA BARU MY HOMETOWN

KEE@FSWMAG.COM

AS PER TRADITION, I ALWAYS RETURN HOME TO MY HOMETOWN WHERE BY THE GRACE OF GOD, BUDDHA AND JESUS CHRIST I WAS BORN, EACH CHINESE NEW YEAR.
ANYDAY NOW I EXPECT MY STATUE TO BE ERECTED BY THE GRATEFUL CITIZENS OF KOTA BARU BUT SO FAR SO BAD...

Anyway I balik kampong and spent a rather nice and peaceful Chinese New Year of the Black Water Dragon with parents and sojourns to Golok with the famous Golok King James Ng Kun Tek.

On Chinese New Year Day around noon I went to Crystal Lodge hotel in the heart of Kota Baru and an easy stroll from my house to pay Mr and Mrs Jayson Cheok Ka Hiang a visit and eat their excellent laksa, nasi bryani, mee goreng, nasi laut, nasi dagang, akok and all the local delicacies that make Kelantanese cuisine the best in Malaysia.

They usually hold it in the Ballroom with hundreds attending but this year it was held in the penthouse on the 9 floor which is large and airy with stunning views of Kelantan river and a bird's eye view of Kota Baru itself. I have never seen such spectacular vistas and even their toilet has a view to die for so you can do your business while enjoying panoramic views. I did and spent all of 20 minutes on the throne!

Crystal Lodge is one of KB's best hotels with very reasonable rates from RM 89 up to RM 600 so if you come to my hometown you must stay here. Tell the boss you my friend and Jayson Cheok will give you a discount!

This year his glam daughter Cynthia did not come home as she and hubby KY were stuck in Penang manning their new yoghurt cafe. Being a virgin, Jayson's wife gave me RM 5 angpow which is good enough I guess.

No comments: